Friday, October 14, 2011

Sunday Gardening

I'm in the van on the way to Wisconsin to open for Elliot Root's cd release party and decided to share these. ...

My fall veggie gardening is on it's ascent to greatness.

This past Sunday Claire Benbow kept me company while I thinned out my sprouts.


These sprouts or cotyledons are generally composed of two leaves that are essentially food storage for the potential plant. So they are super nutritious, and I wasn't going to waste them! These are the thinned out bok choy and mizuna sprouts.



They were tediously washed.



This one still had a seed attached.


And they were assembled into a delicious salad of walnuts, olive oil, and campfire jalapeno goat cheese from Round Mountain Creamery.



And then consumed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment